“How to Get Rid of Constant, Bothersome Knee Pain Without Injections, Painkillers, or Having to Wear a Brace or Support...”
Don’t give up the way of life you want because of problems that can be fixed. So, we made this, especially for you.
Dr. Jacob Dye, DPT, CSCS, DN, Owner of Origin Rehabilitation and Performance
If you’re living with painful or aching knees, it’s tempting to assume that it’s “just something that comes with age,” “wear and tear,” or nothing that will go away on its own.
You cannot pinpoint exactly why you are experiencing knee discomfort, but it does not appear to be improving.
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone – we hear similar complaints frequently. Knee pain is, in fact, one of THE most prevalent complaints we face at our physical therapy practice.
And when it comes to living with knee pain, everyone we encounter wants to know the following:
“Why Am I Experiencing This? Or, “Why Am I Still Suffering From Knee Pain That Is Getting Worse After Tolerating It for Six or More Months?”
Does That Describe You?
Another scenario we see frequently in our physical therapy clinic is when people go to their doctors and the well-meaning doctor tells them to “rest”, “try these painkillers”, and “come back in 6 weeks if it’s not better”. But then, 6 weeks later, they return to the same Doctor because it hasn’t improved, only to be given ANOTHER prescription for even stronger pills and possibly a knee brace.
Have You Ever Experienced Something Similar?
Perhaps you’re perplexed because you’ve been told conflicting information by various people. Maybe you believe you need to rest because you’ve been told that walking aggravates knee pain or that you should do ‘this exercise’ and ‘that exercise’ to make it better.
It’s difficult to know what to do – and that’s just to avoid aggravating knee pain!
Because of this confusion, people frequently procrastinate and put off making a decision about what to do to help alleviate their knee pain. Worse, many people simply accept it as “part of life,” as if it were normal or “had” to be that way.
Is This Your Experience as Well?
If You Have Knee Pain, Here Are 7 More Reasons Why It May Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1 You expected it to go away on its own, but it didn’t.
2 You went to the doctor, who told you to rest and take pain relievers, but the pills did nothing but mask the pain, and as soon as they wore off, knee pain stopped you in your tracks again.
3 You just accepted it because a family member or friend told you that everyone gets knee pain as they get older.
4 You had previously sought assistance from other Healthcare Professionals or a Physio, but nothing they said or did seem to help.
5 You’ve tried things like knee braces, but they’ve done nothing to alleviate your pain.
6 You thought resting would be a good idea because you were experiencing severe pain and swelling in your knees, but it still irritates you on a daily basis.
7 You tried a few ‘Youtube’ exercises, but they were painful to do and did nothing to alleviate your pain.
If any of these things have happened to you, we’d love to help you by inviting you to schedule a call with one of our Physical Therapists in Chandler, Arizona to find out what we can do for you.
The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things is actually a GOOD THING because knowing what doesn’t work brings you closer to discovering what does!
If you want to get some solid advice over the phone for free, click the link below to book a call with us. The phone call is free, and there is no obligation to book appointments with us after the call. Our goal is to assist you in making the best decision about what to do next.
“How Can I Get Rid of Knee Pain Quickly?”
Phase 1: Tell Us Your Story
So, here are four things you can do:
1. First and foremost, you must decide to obtain help – Many people rest for weeks, believing that the pain will “go away with time,” but six months later, they’re still suffering and nothing has changed… Or the pain and swelling become more severe
2. Next, perform the RIGHT exercises – One of the best ways to alleviate knee pain is to perform the right series of progressed exercises – the right exercises given to you by a Physiotherapist will help reduce pain, allow you to move freely again quickly, and prevent the problems from reoccurring in the near future.
3. Avoid sitting in uncomfortable situations – When you sit and bend your knees, you place your knees in strange, unnatural positions – positions that knees are not designed to be in for extended periods of time. To make you active and healthy as early as possible, it would be of great assistance if you were provided with proper strengthening exercises for improved posture, in addition to manual therapy.
4. Realistic, “hands-on” Physical Therapy – Physical therapy has been shown to aid individuals with knee discomfort. As a matter of fact, at Origin Rehabilitation and Performance, this is one of the most common issues we find among our athletes and active individuals. If knee discomfort is interfering with your employment, preventing you from staying active, threatening your independence, or preventing you from spending quality time with family and friends, Physical Therapy can help you return to the life you deserve as soon as possible.
If you are interested in learning how the Physical Therapy team at the Origin Rehabilitation and Performance clinics in Chandler, Arizona can help you live with reduced knee pain, we encourage you to schedule a free, no-obligation, risk-free consultation at one of our locations.
Phase 2: Get Some Clarity
We will explain the possible causes behind your injury as well as explain the timeline for recovery.
Our goal throughout therapy is to give you the knowledge and tools to understand how this injury occurred in the first place, how to address it now, and how to prevent re-injury in the future.
Phase 3: Resolve Your Pain and Build Up Resiliency
- Reduce the pain and symptoms you’re experiencing
- Find the root cause of the issue and correct it
- Build up your body’s strength and resiliency so that this doesn’t occur in the future
If You’re Currently Living With Knee Pain, Here’s 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. You thought it would go away on it’s own – but it didn’t
2. You went to the Doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers – but the pills did nothing to help, all they did was ‘mask’ the pain – and as soon as they wore off knee pain stopped you in your tracks again
3. A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets knee pain as they get older, so you just accepted it
4. You sought help from other Healthcare Professionals or a Physio in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
5. You’ve tried using things like knee supports but they’ve done nothing to help make the pain any better
6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because you experienced severe pain and swelling in your knees, but it still irritates you daily
7. You tried a few exercises from ‘Youtube’ – but they felt painful when you did them, and did nothing to ease the pain
If any of these have happened to you – we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk to our physical therapists in Taylorsville to find out what can be done to help you.The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work – you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you for FREE over the phone. The phone call is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next.
Note: We offer this Free Total Body Diagnostic session to individuals who are unsure of the benefits of Physical Therapy or if it is suited for them. If this describes you, please schedule a Free Total Body Diagnostic session so that we can work with you to determine what is wrong and what can be done — at no cost to you.
So The Following Question Is:
“How Can Visiting a Physical Therapist at Origin Rehabilitation and Performance Help You Eliminate Knee Pain in the Next Few Days?”
Here are some examples of what our Physical Therapy Team can accomplish for you:
In essence, the Physical Therapy Team at Origin Rehabilitation and Performance can assist you in returning to a life devoid of everyday and chronic knee pain.
If you want to know how much it costs – and what availability we have at our Chandler, Arizona clinics – simply click the button below and fill out the brief form: