How To Get Rid Of Lifting-Related Pain Without Drugs, Surgery, Or Skipping Workouts!
One day while you’re out on your usual run or in the gym performing a set, you experience what feels like a flash of lightning-like pain. You say to yourself, “Man, this hurts terribly, but I’m sure it will feel better by tomorrow.”
You go to bed later that night, only to wake up with the agony still present the next morning. It has been bothering you for weeks, and now you can hardly lift anything without experiencing discomfort.
Naturally, you visit the doctor, who tells you to ice it and rest, to stop weightlifting since it’s “bad for your body,” and may even prescribe anti-inflammatories and painkillers. Even if you do not wish to stop lifting, you comply with their recommendation.
Eventually, you begin to feel slightly better, and you feel ready to resume training and lifting. Unfortunately, as soon as you begin to engage again, the agony returns, leaving you frustrated and unclear about what to do.
On This Vicious Cycle, Many Individuals Find Themselves.
You are in a great deal of discomfort, so you see a doctor and follow their advice to rest and cease exercising, and you begin to feel better. Unfortunately, you may have lost some strength, muscle mass, conditioning, etc., and you haven’t done anything to repair the issue with your body. Once it begins to feel better, you attempt to resume weightlifting, but the pain returns, and the cycle begins again. This is something that so many of our clients have encountered before visiting us.
What Makes Us Unique?
When a client comes to visit us, he or she receives a personalized strategy that helps them feel better and become stronger at the same time. As a result, when their pain is cured and they resume their normal training, they are able to do so without experiencing a recurrence of their pain.
If You Are Currently Suffering From a Lifting-Related Injury, Here Are Seven Additional Reasons Why It May Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. You believed it would disappear on its own, but it did not.
2. You went to the doctor, who advised you to relax and take painkillers. However, the medications were ineffective, and as soon as their effects wore off, the pain returned.
3. A member of your family or a close friend informed you that weightlifting discomfort is inevitable and that you must learn to live with it.
4. You have previously consulted with various healthcare professionals including a physical therapist, but nothing they said or did appear to help.
5. You attempted workouts from YouTube, but they either had no effect or made your discomfort worse.
6. You thought it would be a good idea to relax because your pain was so severe, but doing so only made you feel stiffer and tenser.
7. You opted to get a couple of “massages” in the hopes that they would alleviate your discomfort, but while they were pleasant and soothing, they did little to alleviate the agony in the long run.
If you have experienced any of the above, we invite you to schedule a call with our weightlifting injury specialist to determine what may be done to assist you. The fact that you have done any or all of these things is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work, you are one step closer to discovering what does!
Click the link below to schedule a call with us if you would like to receive sound guidance over the phone. The phone call is free, and there is no commitment to schedule an appointment with us following the conversation. Our objective is to assist you in making the best decision on what to do next.
If you are interested in learning how the physical therapists at Origin Rehabilitation and Performance can assist you in living with less pain, we encourage you to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation at one of our clinics:
Note: We offer this Free Discovery Visit session to people who are very nervous or skeptical about Physical Therapy, unsure of its benefits, or if it is right for them. If this describes you, please begin with a Free Discovery Visit session so that we can work with you to determine what is wrong and what can be done – with no financial risk to you.
Therefore, the Next Question Is…
"How Will Visiting a Physical Therapist at Origin Rehabilitation and Performance Help You Get Rid of Your Lifting Injury Within the Next Few Days?"
Here Are Some Examples of What Our Physical Therapy Team Can Do for You:
Essentially, we can assist you in returning to a life devoid of weightlifting-related discomfort.
If you would like to discover the cost and availability of our physical therapy clinics in Chandler, Arizona, please click the button below and fill out the brief form.